On September 2016, the Federal registry posted the final rule Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers (CMS 3178F). All suppliers and providers must comply and implement all regulations no later than November 16, 2017 to continue participation in Medicare.
The Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers regulation outlines four core elements which are applicable to all 17 provider types, with a degree of variation based on inpatient versus outpatient, long-term care versus non long-term care. Unfortunately, non compliance could result in penalties as well as suspended payments or loss of certification.
Consequently, many organizations and service providers are hurrying to ensure they are compliant with the new rule to protect their certification status. Although I recommend hiring a professional to help you with plan development, implementation and testing, I recognize that not every one will go that route. If you decide to do this on your own, these are the four core elements that your preparedness plans must include, as required by CMS:
- Risk Assessment and Emergency Planning
- Communication Plan
- Policies and Procedures
- Training and Testing
After receiving many calls and requests for assistance by confused and overwhelmed providers, and as response to the need for expert assistance, I have packaged a solution, using the Deliberate Plan© method. With your needs in mind this solution will assist you and your organization by:
1. Providing Unparalleled Expertise – as a preparedness expert and consultant, I will assist you not just to comply with the new rule, but also to genuinely prepare your organization for potential events and emergencies.
2. Implement a Proven Method – by using my proven, repeatable approach to preparedness planning, we will develop customized plans that will fit the needs of your organization. This method will provide the four core elements required to comply with CMS 3178-F and options to continue updates, training, testing and annual updates.
3. Understand Budget and Time constrains– the costs associated with this packaged solution are pre-established. I work with a flat rate per location, which means there are no surprises, you will know what is your cost since day one!
4. Satisfaction Guaranteed – I do guarantee I will continue to work with you, at no extra charge until certification, you are pleased with the results and the project is completed.
Ready to take the next step? Schedule a consultation by clicking the picture or link below. With November 2017 fast approaching, I encourage you to contact me today to start working on your plans. Keep in mind most of these projects have a two-three-months completion period.
Book your free virtual coffee with me! Don’t stress out! Let me help you genuinely prepare your organization and ensure compliance!
For more information about the Deliberate Plan© method click here!
You can also find more information and guidance on the Rule here, the facilities/service providers affected, or watch the presentation. (All links on guidance, etc. will take you to CMS publications).
This post was originally published on LinkedIn. You can find the original post here.